Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Sparks, and other bothers

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dbennett9
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Sparks, and other bothers Reply with quote

I really need help woth my 33 P4. It has been running bad for a while, but it feels like its in the back, like a axle problem or something. I have ben tolb be the alfa mech to keep an eye on this but yesterdaym the car was making a tapping noise.

I thought because i had been away for a couple of weeks that maybe the tappets had emptied and so they would fill up as i drove. Came to start it today and the engine was very rough, had to keep it off idle because it would die. Did some HT lead diagnostic and then started to check the spark plugs. The HT lead i thought was bad had the best sparkplug, (condition). The other three were all quite badly carbonned. So i am putting new leads on it and it was due new plugs anyway.

Just wondered if this points to it running rich? And if so how is this remedied on an ECU system. I have a chip in there but it is the good one.

Please help me, i will see what its like after the new stuff tomorrow but i am worried.

2) Also i seem to be getting a problem from the prop, when i was pushing it i could here a sound as the prop rotated which sounds like metal on metal, just a light scraping or something. ANy ideas about that too.

Thanks

Dan B

P.S Please dont consign me to have to drive my sisters 106 1.0 Sad
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: