Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Air leak ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristian
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Air leak ? Reply with quote

Hello to everyone
Which is the best way to find air leaks. My car feels like having them but I`m not 100 % sure. If you press the gas pedal the revs dont want to drop at all .They stay like that for couple of second and then they start to fall very slowly. Could it be also some carb or fuel problem.
I`m not very strong on carb tuning so if anyone have more knowledge could you please help me solving the problem.
Thanks in advance
Kristian
82 Alfasud Sprint Veloce Trofeo
BILL
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI,
if you think the leak is from hoses start moving them to hear for a blow, or you can spray them with WD-40(or similar)and you'll see bubles from from were the leak is,also the emisions will be out of the usuall(for the last one i'm not sure Confused )
I am not very strong with carbs too but i hope i helped you.
P.S. maybe you should check that you dont have a stuck accelaretor wire or chocke .
Kristian
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill
Trying the WD 40 tomorrow.
The hoses are all new, also I dont have the choke - removed it a while ago, accelerator cable returns normally. The emissions are a bit off but that might be also carb adjustment.

Kristian
82 Alfasud Sprint Veloce Trofeo
neo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

If your revs don't drop you may have to rich mixture.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TimoJ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject: Airleaks Reply with quote

Hi Kristian

Check the carbs butterflies, they should be very narrowly open at idle. If they are too much open, the idle circuit cannot work properly due to exess air from butterflies.
Another thing is that airleak from another scource. If not found, best way is to rebuild manifolds and (carbs as units). I used Hermetite "Golden gasket" to ensure there is no leaks- it is suitable for all pipes and gaskets, will not harden at all. Do not put it on the last gasket under carb.

Mail me directly if You cannot find the fault.

TimoJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: air leaks? Reply with quote

High or slow returning idling revs can be due to unballanced carburreters
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: