Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

And on planet Alfa

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeremyC
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: And on planet Alfa Reply with quote

I just called Mangoletsi to order some of the paper gaskets that go either side of the throttle bosy insulators. They didn't have any in stock but they were not showing discontinued with Alfa so Steve was going to order some for me. I asked the price as if they'd been the price I was expecting (a quid each or so) I'd have ordered 8 to have some spares.

Nearly £10 per gasket!!!Shocked Shocked Shocked

I thanked Steve for his time, apologised and said I'll be cutting my own out. I'm more than happy to psend an hour with a craft knife and some gasket paper to Save £40.

Can someone let me know if they are made of the normal brown gasket paper or the marbled waxy oil resistant stuff. If someone could also get a micrometer or callipers on one and tell me how thick they are that would be great, thanks.
john 33_16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeremy,

Whilst £10 each is "'avvin a laugh" they are, from memory, not a simple as just paper. I think they have raised rubbery lines on one or both?? sides of them, that obviously collapse when you torque things up.

I'd be tempeted to try rigid gasket paper with a thin bead of instant gasket around each choke and water hole.

I think Alex was selling the insulators if you need them, that his dad made up??

John
08 Fiat Grande Punto Exotica Red
90 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis- Silky white/red/blue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum