Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Air flow meter causing problems!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Air flow meter causing problems! Reply with quote

Hi,
When I first bought my 33 16V back in September, it had a dodgy air flow meter! Lived with it for a while then managed to get hold of one from a breakers! While waiting for the new one to arrive, I would spray a bit of WD40 on the track of the old one when going on a long journey, to keep it happy!
Fitted the replacement one, and all was good!
Must have done about 3 or 4 thousand miles since and over the last couple days, the symptons of a dodgy AFM have returned! So, I decided to open it up, clean the track with a few cotton buds and a little WD40, and now it's ten times worse!
At low revs the car is totally confused, resulting in a very jurky drive! Requires a firm press of the accelerater to get going!
I'm thinking that maybe WD40 isn't the best thing to use!
Does anyone know what's best to use on it?
Or even, does anyone know where I might be able to get the AFM re-conditioned? (New track!)
Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, as I don't want to give the 33 a bad reputation when people see it kangerooing down the road!!!!!
Cheers, Chris!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

contact spray perhaps? cleans the contacts very good
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum