Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Faded paint

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fletcher33
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Faded paint Reply with quote

I am finally back after a lenthly hiatus (and have new login, previously Fletcher)

I am in the process of trying to get my Red 16V Cloverleaf back to its former glory (the bonnet and front gaurds are red while the rest of the car is pinkish) and see that there are a number of posts a few years ago with ways in which to do so. There seemed to be a couple of ways of doing so; either using Turtle Wax T-Cut or Autoglym Paint renovator. Can someone please recommend the best one to use and how long it usually lasts?

Also, has anyone had a panelbeater professionally buff the faded paintwork? If so, how successful was it?

Cheers

Last edited by fletcher33 on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have tried one of the coloured polishes. It worked, but only for a short time. Not sure there is any real solution without a respray.

All th ebest

keith
alfajts
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a professional detailer so I have a bit of an insight for alfas faded paint (as I've owned a few rosso reds)

First of all forget about Turtle Wax or Autoglym... They do not work! and what ever you do DO NOT use colour waxes as you will regret using them later on!

Either take the car to a professional detailer for some machine polishing (don't DIY as there are milions of things that can go wrong!) or use Mothers Pre-Wax cleaner (apply few times and really scrub it in the first time) ... the later option is hard work but the first option can be costly.

When a customer comes to my shop with a Rosso Alfa and complains about faded paint, I always us Mothers Pre-Wax cleaner before wax if the customer didn't want machine polishing. It doesn't compare to machine polishing but it does bring back the color.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: