Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Body repairs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
m3249guzzi
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Body repairs Reply with quote

I am currently the proud owner of four 33s and all are in need of some body repairs due to the dreaded tin worm. Many of you will have seen the pictures of the Giardinetta that I bought from Widebody a few months back (see "for saleand wanted)" and you will see it is in quite good nick. To repair both wheel arches and to sort the rust in the NSF wing I have not had a quote of less than £1000.

Now while I do not mind spending some serious money on my cars, I do not propose to remortgage the house to do so. What I am looking for is a good bodyshop that do a good job without charging the earth and it need not be local to me in Yeovil.

If anyone has any recommendations please let me know - they will certainly be getting plenty of repeat business from me, for the moment anyway. As I have retired very early and want to bring at least 3 of my Alfas back up to top condition, I have decided to go to college in September to learn at least the basics of car body repairs so I can do a lot of the less complex jobs myself. Rolling Eyes
Ian M
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Do you know Lui at L B autos in Somerton?
Hes not a bodyshop but Im sure he will know someone local.
He has done alot of work on my alfas over the years and is a nice guy
who understands alfas (being italian), his number is 01458274499 You can mention my name if you want.
What part of Yeovil you in? Ive just moved to Bath recenly after 20 odd years there, thought I was the only mad alfisti in town.

Ian Marsh
m3249guzzi
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ian.

Thanks for that Ian. I will get in contact with Lui in the next few days as my Giardinetta is currently with Les Dufty of Automeo in Bristol and is expected back early next week.

I moved to Yeovil three years ago and live in Westfield Grove with three lock ups in Preston Road and on the lookout for more !!! As I had previously been living in East London, with all the problems of vandalism and parking, I restricted myself to my Guzzis and BSAs. However finding myself unable to ride on medical grounds I have acquired more Land / Range Rovers and Alfa 33s than is sensible so my two Series Landies are about to be sacrificed.

I fear that one of my Series 3 is beyond economic repair and will be used for spares but with all the projects that I have on the go at the moment, there is no pressing hurry to make that decision and once I have the time I may think differently.

Thanks once again and I hope our paths cross in the future.

Chris
Ian M
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Westfield Grove...I know it well, if Im down that way and see a house with an abundance of landy's or 33's outside Ill give you a knock and say high....if I havent got the wife with me that is, she finds car talk very boring Rolling Eyes
m3249guzzi
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would be more than welcome Ian although at the moment all four Alfa's are elsewhere as are my two Rangies so all that makes me stand out from the rest is my Series 2A Pickup - you might even be able to hear it in Bath when the V8 fires up (with all its carb / manifold mods). !!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: