Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

16v wiring

View previous topic :: View next topic  
16v campervan
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: 16v wiring Reply with quote

Hi, I'm currently trying to put a 16v engine in a T25 campervan. Does anyone have a wiring diagram ? Most is obviously straight forward, connecting the loom to the engine. However there is a connector with two wires one is pink and the other is pink & white. Does the pink wire go from the ignition switch and then to the fuel pump relay and then emerge as the pink & white wire going to the fuel pump. Any advice greatfully received.
john 33_16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

My '93 33 has a small connector terminating near the air flow meter and oil filter which has 2 thin wires. They are both pink/white striped. It doesn't plug in anywhere.

In 6 years of ownership , and having had the engine/gbox out twice, i've never found anywhere where this should plug into or what it is for. it may be for a switch on the P4s 4wd system 9when fitted) as it could go to the gearbox area, but this is a guess.

I don't think there are any wiring diags for the 16v specifically, but only for the series 2. Do a search on this forum, and you may find a url to download manuals.

Hope this helps a bit.

john
08 Fiat Grande Punto Exotica Red
90 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis- Silky white/red/blue
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john 33_16v wrote:

My '93 33 has a small connector terminating near the air flow meter and oil filter which has 2 thin wires. They are both pink/white striped. It doesn't plug in anywhere.

Sounds like a connector for the oil level sensor fitted to some cars (sensor was built into the dip stick).

All the best

Keith
Rich B
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that wiring is for the dipstick as previously mentioned - 1.7IEs and some early 16v cars (the one with the same trim as the IE - e.g normal seats, no sideskirts or colour coding) have the Alfa Control panel which has a warning light for low oil level.
16v campervan
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: 16v wiring Reply with quote

Having looked at the wiring diagram these wires seem to connect to the fuel pump. So I've taken an ignition feed to the pink wire and taken a wire from the pump to the pink and white wire. This powers up one relay But not the pump (which does work). It also generates a spark at the distributor now. The second relay (fuel pump relay) powers up the pump if I manually close the contacts. Is this a dodgy relay or is the ECU not doing its bit? Anyone any thoughts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: