Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

door problem

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich B
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: door problem Reply with quote

Hi

Sometimes when I shut my drivers door it doesn't latch and bounces open again. Other times in only partially latches, and sometimes it appears to be fully closed but you can't turn the key in the lock, or if you're in the car, the locking pin can't be pushed down. if I then give the door another firm push, a quiet clicky type sound can be heard and the door can be locked.

Any ideas what the problem could be? I think its probably the latch but other than lubricating it (which I've tried), I don't really know what to do.

Thanks

Rich
bobbber
P4

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rich,

This is the door (hinge) sagging on the post? You can move the lock on the other post to allow for this movement ... or take the hinges off - and put some metal plate behind the bottom one.

Bob
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the locking mechanism working right when you test it with the door open? Twist around the locking claw as if the door were being closed, and make sure it opens up right when you pull the doorhandle.
Whenever the spring on the locking mechanism (inside the door) on my car would fall off, I'd be unable to close the door (and therefore unable to lock the door or arm the alarm, meaning I had to fix it right away..).
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum