Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Handy Hint s2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddie W
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Handy Hint s2 Reply with quote

Actually s1 and s2. I don't know if others on the forum have, like myself, sworn mayhem and destruction when trying to remove those a...hole clips that retain the plastic valance in front of the windscreen Evil or Very Mad Necessary if you have to service the wiper mechanism.
I found the other day that a pair of circlip pliers with fine rightangle tips and set for expanding an external circlip will engage in the small slots of these body clips and by expanding them lengthwise they release from the pin. Others may have their own system or not find them a problem but any over vigourous action can easily result in a broken panel.
Hope this may help someone.
Regards Eddie
Ben_nz
Gold Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your description is confusing. Confused
How do the clips work? Do you just have to stick something under the edge of the big round knobs and pull upward? Or are these just covers with a more fiendish clip system underneath?
Eddie W
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ben, the outside of the valance panel is held by a screw each side under a plastic cap, the rest of the fixings, apart from the rear lip which fits under the windscreen rubber, consists of round pins arrow shaped in profile which have these diabolical spring steel clips that push over the " arrow head". These are a swine to remove, hence my post. I will show you next time we catch up.
Regards Eddie
Edward
Alfa 33

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie,

I have just read your post as I was browsing generally and yes! what a good idea. I used to just get a pair of normal pliers and mangle these off with a bit of brute force and ignorance thinking that it was too much trouble to sort out. I would then drill out the screw holes and use some 10mm bolts and this would do the trick. I found that would hold the whole panel with no need for the spring clips. But now going forward I am going to reach for the ring opening pliers each time. Thanks for the useful tip.

Edward.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: