Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Running in a new motor??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dicko
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Running in a new motor?? Reply with quote

Hi all,

What's the advice for running in a new motor?

Had my 1.5 Boxer running for less than an hour in its new life.

Do they tend to get hotter for the first little while, Mine has pefect water temp. But after 15-20 mins of idling, red overheat warning comes on.

Oil pressure seems good. Could be the original exhaust on the high compression motor. (32mm pipes on 32mm ports).

Any idea what temp the sensor comes on at??

Dick Embarassed
loui
Alfasud

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red temperature lights are not good. The cooling fan should be coming on about 90 to 100 on the temperature guage.

Check the wires are connected to the sensor on the opposite side of the radiator. If they are connected pull them of and bridge with a bit of electrical wire to check the fan is working properly. If the fans working give the connectors a clean up.
Dicko
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Warning Light. Reply with quote

HI, thanks for the reply,
I think the Red warning light for temp is a sensor on one of/ if not both the heads, The fan cycle is fine, The water gage has been working excelently until the engine change. I think the heads are heating up.
New cams, valves etc....
Hope it is just the exhast being to small. New one soon.

Rich,,,,
,,ps... guess testing the sensor in boiling water with a thermometer will tell me what temp it freaks at....\\

Im hoping between 90-100 degrees?????
GaryUK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like the head gaskets
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum