Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Bafling Electrical Woes

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sudman
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Bafling Electrical Woes Reply with quote

Hey all, It's been a long time since I've posted her, guess that means the car's been running well for some time!

Until now...

The car is an 83 Sud Ti with a 1.7 8v hydraulic tappet engine in it, Bosch electrics.

On startup, the car is cranking over very, very slowly, to the point now where you can hear the starter motor solenoid clicking repeatedly and no cranking is occuring. The lights, stereo (and it's a BIG one) wipers and all other electrics are working perfectly as well, although after some hard cranking whilst trying to start the car, the clock resets.

I have checked the condition of the battery, the charging system, all of the earths have been cleaned up and are in good condition, and the wiring is all intact and in good nick.

The starter motor is one of the only avenues left for me to follow that I can think of, so it has been removed and is in getting checked at an auto electrician.

Otherwise there could be something causing a large voltage drop somewhere in the system.

Anyway, any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated, and something else I want to know is, is the 1.5 starter motor the same as a 1.7 starter? I am currently using the starter motor from the original 1.5 (so 120,000 miles old) so could this be an issue?

Cheers,
Richard
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: