Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

New rubber

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristian
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: New rubber Reply with quote

Hello to all
It's time to buy some new tires for my Alfa Sprint. I have used so far 185/60 14 but thinking of trying 185/55 14. The tire range with this size is much smaller then 185/60 14. The possible tires are from Bridgestone RE 720, Dunlop SP Sport 01 and Goodyear.
Has someone tried these rubbers before and what are the comments.

Thanks in advance
Kristian
Buck Bundy
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Would they look right? Reply with quote

Would 185/55 14s look right?

I would have thought that they would look a little small under the arches?

If you want lower profiles, you should look for some 15inch alloys and try 195/55 15s.

Buck
alfistjen
Alfasud

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Rubber Reply with quote

Hi,

Don't have experience with the dunlop's, but the RE 720 and goodyear eagle F1 are very good tires. Only the Bridgestones don't last as long. And I'd also advice you to put 195/50R15 tires if you like going hard. Most excellent combination on a 33. I'm now testing the Potenza S03's, sublime at this moment.
You can't make mistake with the F1's or the RE720's!

Regards!

Paul D. 1.7 16V QV
Kristian
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies
Did some research on the web and found a local company who is selling Yokohama rubber. Thinking of trying A032R, price is OK but how long these soft compound tires will last.

Thanks anyway
Kristian
J Hansen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Rubber - experience with a 33 Reply with quote

Have tried the dunlops and wouldn't touch them again. Very7 low mileage from them. However, had good experience with Pirelli dragos and am currently running on Pirelli 300(0)?, which seem to be OK - just new tyres. Also had klebers which seemed to be OK as well with respect to mileage and handling.
alfistjen
Alfasud

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: yokohama Reply with quote

yokohama's are very good racing tyres, mileage is ok, but they are known for there 'non warning character'. You can go far with them, but once you crossed their limit, you really did, cetainly in wet.
Depends on how far you go and how far you trust your own drivin' skills in case of.
Regards!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum