Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

dancing idle

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfistjen
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: dancing idle Reply with quote

Hi you all!

I've now been driving my 16V for one month now but still with one problem, the idle 'dances' between 800 and 1200 rpm, very irritating. And when I've raced it it keeps idling without dancing at 1500 rpm. I suppose this the little 'idle-engine' that directs air from the intake manifold to just behind the throttle valves. As I loosen the wire from it it idles nicely at 900 rpm. Is this a common problem and what can I do to stop the problem?
The 16V is a very bully engine but I'll have to lurn to live with the little buggers that my 8V ie didn't have, but suppose it's worth it Cool

Regards!

Paul D.
Alfonso
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People in previous posts have suggested cleaning out "the idle-engine" (aka idle speed actuator) with injector cleaner. Apparently this helps sometimes.

Right now I'm battling a very similar problem. I've tried many things, but haven't found a cure so far. The dancing idle has caused my engine to run extremely rich, which results in flooded/burned spark plugs. I therefore also suggest to check if the spark plugs are ok.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: