Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

1.7 standard carb sizes, 36 or 40???

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Knight

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: 1.7 standard carb sizes, 36 or 40??? Reply with quote

I found this following quote on the Alans 1.7 16v conversion site:-

"The 8v engine that is being compared here is the twin Weber 36IDF or Dell'Orto 36DRLA carburettor type available in 1.3, 1.5 and 1.7 litre capacity versions, in the Alfa Sud, Sprint and 33 models"

So am I right in thinking that ALL the 1.7 carbed engines are fitted with 36mm carbs????......if so where are people getting their 40mm carbs from????......surely they arent buying them new, the last time I saw a new one it was about £300 each......ouch!!!!
Serpent33
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.7qv S2 comes with 40. Not sure about earlier one.
lesthegringo
Alfasud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: carb sizes Reply with quote

depends on the engine - early 1.7 ov engines were fitted with 36IDF webers (or their Dell'Orto equivalents) butn later engines were fitted with 40IDFs, and often had 2mm larger inlet valves too.

Les
dave
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: carbs Reply with quote

hi the later ser 2 1,7s are fitted with 40s and ser 1.5tis are fitted with 36s either webbers or dellortos they did a 1350 twin carb with had smaler carbs on and some early i.5 single carb models i have both webbers and dellortos available
dave
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum