Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Deinstalling steering wheel...!!??!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
33Lover
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:47 pm    Post subject: Deinstalling steering wheel...!!??!! Reply with quote

Well,
My New Years present will be brand new MOMO-Fighter steering wheel..(with hub of corse)
So the question is: How to deinstall my old wheel.*(Alfa 33 series 3).
I cant see any nuts or bolts from the outside of the s/wheel...Do I need to deinstall first horn button and if Yes then how????
Can I do it my self or do I need mechanic help..
Any expirience ..tips and tricks..what kind of tools do I need...???

16 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Deinstalling steering wheel...!!??!! Reply with quote

Hi there

you have to take out the horn button first,with a flat screw drive or something like,to prise it off. then there will be a quite big nut behind that,undo that and tap the steering wheel off from the other side wolst pulling the steering wheel. but it will need abit of persuasion Wink and that's about it,

hope this help's

john

Alfa gt jtdm blackline
1990 S2 16v veloce sleeping!
2002 ts gtv the wifes now
1997 seadoo gsx 800
1999 freestyle superjet
Paul D.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:22 am    Post subject: Steering wheel Reply with quote

Indeed you have to pull off the steering wheel with quite a bit of force. If that doesn't work you need to build a very handy steering wheel puller (which I've needed every single time cause I just couldn't get it off like that) There's a manual on www.squadra33.com. It's in dutch, but if you klick "infodatabase" on top, you can choose "reparaties en onderhoud" (fifth link) On that page you go to the bottom and klick on the bottom link "bekijken" at the "stuur demonteren" toppic. There are pics enough to be able to follow how it works.
Off course, if there's a sports steering wheel allready there you just loosen the 6 hex-screws on top and put on the other one. don't forget if it's the original one you have now, that you'll have to buy a hub too to mount it on.

Regards! and happy newyear!

Paul D.
33Lover
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Thanks bros.. Reply with quote

Thanks bros that will help...
It's all much easier now when I saw it in pictures... Idea
I'll do it myself definitely...

Thanks again and Happy New Year...
Alfasud

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I've changed my steering wheel too (had to replace at with another original one), and I just went to a local Alfa-dealer and borrowed the tool to do the job. It looks like the one on the first picture on Squadra33.com, just a little bit bigger...Without that tool it was impossible for me to pull out the steering wheel! Well, when I got home my dad and I tried to pull it out again to adjust it, but even though both of us pulled as much as we could, it didn't move!! Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> Boxer Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: