Alfa Pages Forum Index Alfa Pages
A forum for help with the Alfasud And Alfa 33

Wondering about these wheels - what do you think?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Wondering about these wheels - what do you think? Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Looking to get some deep dish replacements for my OZ racing wheels and I'm considering these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130365228209. They're ET35 with a 100 stud pattern. What do you guys think?

I'm also tracking some Ronal A1 wheels (belonging to Alex's mate). I'm not sure the Ronals look as good on the S3. On the S2 33, Sud and Sprint they look awesome. What do you think? AL33NUT
john 33_16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Quite like those wheels, although they are very 'VW' if you know what I mean. They also remind me of dolomite sprint alloys.

There is a set of Ronals on Ebay at the mo' - they might be Alex's mate's wheels? I like these a lot and if had some spare dosh might bid. I agree though that the ronals suit s2 better than s3.

John
08 Fiat Grande Punto Exotica Red
90 Yamaha FZR600 Genesis- Silky white/red/blue
33bits
16 Valve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nnamdi, yes these Ronal wheels are my mated, lovely rare wheels. I think i agree with John, they do shout out VW Passat a bit.
33 16v (for sale)
156 JTS sportwagon
contact me for any 33 parts. Alex, 07896-327708
AL33NUT
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Wheels Reply with quote

33bits wrote:
Hi Nnamdi, yes these Ronal wheels are my mated, lovely rare wheels. I think i agree with John, they do shout out VW Passat a bit.

Yeah, I see what you guys are saying about those wheels being very VW (esp. when they've got a VW logo on them!). But will the Ronals look good onma S3 33? What do you think? I asked your mate how much he'd take for the Ronals - I'm still waiting to hear back from him.
john 33_16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Here's Ronals on s3 from 'hello' post http://www.alfa-pages.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5981 on here last year.

I think if i had piedish wheels i'd be bidding on the ronals for my s3. I've got 'split rim' speedlines which are similar enough to ronals for the wife to murder me if I changed them. They just don't understand do they? The same as why we can't understand why they need to spend £60 on a tiny tube of eye cream!

John
lee16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john 33_16v wrote:
They just don't understand do they? The same as why we can't understand why they need to spend £60 on a tiny tube of eye cream!

Ah, yes, the womans logic!! They are always right and in my experience not to be argued with. Wink
AL33NUT
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john 33_16v wrote:
Hi,

Here's Ronals on s3 from 'hello' post http://www.alfa-pages.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5981 on here last year.

I think if i had piedish wheels i'd be bidding on the ronals for my s3. I've got 'split rim' speedlines which are similar enough to ronals for the wife to murder me if I changed them. They just don't understand do they? The same as why we can't understand why they need to spend £60 on a tiny tube of eye cream!

John

See, I'm not sure that looks that good. Maybe because it's riding a bit too high. What do you think John? Do you like the way they look on that car? I do like Ronal A1s, especially on Suds and Sprints, not sure they're quite the job on S3 33s. May I have to keep the search for deep dish wheels going a little longer. Nnamdi (AL33NUT)
33bits
16 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronal A1's seem to be either 1 extreme or the other, some people love em, others hate them (most seem to love em), it gives the car a slightly aggresive look. Very much a taste option though sir. Dom told me a few weeks ago he wanted about £300 for them.
33 16v (for sale)
156 JTS sportwagon
AL33NUT
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

33bits wrote:
Ronal A1's seem to be either 1 extreme or the other, some people love em, others hate them (most seem to love em), it gives the car a slightly aggresive look. Very much a taste option though sir. Dom told me a few weeks ago he wanted about £300 for them.

Ok I'll bid on them. Wonder if he'll accept an offer straight off? Can you ask him?
33bits
16 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've asked the question for you, he will ring me back tonight with his decision.
33 16v (for sale)
156 JTS sportwagon
SteffenJ3316V
Alfa Arna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they look very good on a S3 Smile
Here is a pic of mine. Sorry about the link but I couldn't get the upload working.
http://peecee.dk/upload/view/229722
john 33_16v
16 Valve

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look wicked Very Happy Twisted Evil Very Happy

John
AL33NUT
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

john 33_16v wrote:

John

I think deep dish alloy wheels suit our 33s. I also think the back of the car needs to be slightly higher than the front of the car to offset the droop-effect (when looked at from the side) of the side skirt. They also look great with a wide stance but not too wide. Mine isn't quite there yet. I need the deep dish alloys and I'm not satisfied with the side view of mine. If it didn't upset handling I think the staggered look would suit our 33s. The wide staggered stance has got to be tastefully done though or it'll look too boy-racer like. That's part of the reason I'm a bit shy doing mine (cash is the other reason). The other way to go is to find a wheel manufacturer that can offer different ETs.
Oggie
Green Cloverleaf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AL33NUT wrote:
john 33_16v wrote:

John

I think deep dish alloy wheels suit our 33s. I also think the back of the car needs to be slightly higher than the front of the car to offset the droop-effect (when looked at from the side) of the side skirt. They also look great with a wide stance but not too wide. Mine isn't quite there yet. I need the deep dish alloys and I'm not satisfied with the side view of mine. If it didn't upset handling I think the staggered look would suit our 33s. The wide staggered stance has got to be tastefully done though or it'll look too boy-racer like. That's part of the reason I'm a bit shy doing mine (cash is the other reason). The other way to go is to find a wheel manufacturer that can offer different ETs.

Try Image wheels, they can do what et you need.
AL33NUT
Alfa Sprint

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly what I need - you're a star! Now I need to figure out the wheels they'll suit the 33 and what ET I need. Thanks mi man!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alfa Pages Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum